Muay Thai Bones Podcast #4 – Sodium, Dieselnoi, Shame & Fear, Switching Stance
This is the 4th episode of Muay Thai Bones Podcast, filmed as Kevin and I are driving back from my 238th fight, in Trat. The Muay Thai Bones podcast is a sharing of how Kevin and I usually talk on our long drives across Thailand, inviting you to travel along with us! I hope you enjoy.
We had a few technical difficulties with the camera overheating so this we supplemented with discussion from the coach in areas we lost the original conversation. So this one is part from the road, and part from when we got home. These are awesome topics and challenges I’m facing as a fighter and as a person.
- Festival Fights in Thailand and how repetition creates great skill.
- I’ve added sodium as a supplement to my 1+1 Keto dietary approach, and been having great results.
- What it has been like, and what it means to have had Dieselnoi in the gym.
- The relationship between Fear & Shame in fighting, and how it relates to Muay Thai in Thailand.
- Moving into becoming a Switching fighter, finding one’s way between stances.
Material cited in the podcast:
You can become a patron supporter, the suggested pledge is $5:
Material referenced in this podcast:
You can read more on the discovered importance of sodium in my diet, and the impact it is having on me: Energy, Mental Clarity: Upping Your Sodium
Book on the importance of Sodium in the Diet:
The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got It All Wrong–and How Eating More Might Save Your Life
Kevin’s essay on shame and Muay Thai:
Fight Philosophy: Shame and Why Fighting Signals the Glue of What Holds Us Together
Podcast on Fear:
Sparta Chicks with Kristen Ulmer
kara loewentheil feminist podcast:
Unfuck Your Brain
The Muay Thai Library documentary project, which contains 6 hours of commentary video of training with Karuhat:
Preserve The Legacy: https://www.patreon.com/posts/muay-thai-uncut-7058199