Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hip (SI joint pain) fix?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

KerryB

KerryB

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew Hapmshire, United states

hey guys and girls, I have been suffering with SI joint pain on my left side. I've backed off mid/high kicking on my left side to reduce aggravating my hip. does anyone else suffer from SI joint issues and if so what exercises/yoga/stretches do you use to help reduce pain and to strengthen the area, any insight would be greatly appreciated:) discuss!!!!

Fighting Frog

Fighting Frog

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationUK

I can ask for you when I'm back at work (trauma theatre) if you like. When is it most painful? Has it been officially diagnosed as a sacro-iliac problem?

Fighting Frog

Fighting Frog

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationUK

I asked two orthopaedic surgeons: they both said to continue exercising (movement is good) but if doing something ia painful, then don't do what causes pain. Rest is not generally helpful. Best thing is to do the specific exercises as recommended by your physiotherapist who has examined you.

Some people with SI pain go on to develop sciatica, which is not good.

One of them said he has SI pain too, and it's rotten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users