Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tell me about what you are good at!

- - - - - training fighting technique

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kaitlinrose

Kaitlinrose

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

I want to hear about what you are good at...it can be in the gym, or in your fights, or maybe tell me about a really good day in sparring or competition. List as many things as you want. I'd love to hear about them. 

• dtrick924 and 515 like this

radarjam

radarjam

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Leg kicks and elbows <3 Love them so much!

Surprisingly I am pretty successful with sweeps and take-downs in Jiu-jitsu but I know I am not good with sweeps/clinching in Muay Thai at all LOL. 

• dtrick924 and Kaitlinrose like this

Instagram: @nakmuayfoodie

Kaitlinrose

Kaitlinrose

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Interesting! Parts of them feel very similar to me in MT and BJJ. Why do you think it is easier for you to do in BJJ?

Leg kicks and elbows <3 Love them so much!

Surprisingly I am pretty successful with sweeps and take-downs in Jiu-jitsu but I know I am not good with sweeps/clinching in Muay Thai at all LOL. 

radarjam

radarjam

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Interesting! Parts of them feel very similar to me in MT and BJJ. Why do you think it is easier for you to do in BJJ?

I wonder if it has to do with the 'hooks' allowed in BJJ? I know in Muay Thai, judo-like sweeps or take-downs are illegal if your foot intentionally hooks their calf/ankle. Hmmmmmmm I'll try clinching with my buddy Muay Thai style and see if I can do it properly. :P 

• Kaitlinrose likes this

Instagram: @nakmuayfoodie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: training, fighting, technique

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users