Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Issue with adjusting to training in hot temperatures

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TZ22

TZ22

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationcanada
I am not sure if anyone here had this experience, but this time around I am really struggling to adjust to training in Thailand's hot temperatures, I've trained in Thailand before and usually felt ok after about 2-3 days, but this time around I can't seem to get used to the heat, I drink water with electrolyte powder in it and I thought it would be helping, but I still feel like I get too tired quickly on the pads and sweat like crazy just after about 5 minutes on the skipping rope, so not really sure what I could be doing wrong this time that is preventing me from adapting to the heat, it's been 2 weeks now...

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA
Hmm, electrolytes, vitamin C, adequate rest and protein?

radarjam

radarjam

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Usually around after April or even during their monsoon season, it gets really hot. It did take me a while to adjust to training. It depends on your electrolyte/water intake and most importantly if you're getting enough rest or nutrition. 

Are you training at least twice a day? If so, I had to give myself a week to adjust and once I started training twice a day, 6 times a week. I seriously had to take naps in between, eat a shit ton of food or else I'd be exhausted from the heat. Take care! 

Instagram: @nakmuayfoodie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users