Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tipping

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

smossy

smossy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Hey all, 

I was wondering whether anyone ever "tips" at a gym they've visited in Thailand, and if so, what the etiquette is?

I'm thinking especially when ones spent some time at a particular gym, and you feel like the trainer has made an extra effort with you. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA
When I was in Chiang Rai I added extra cash to my envelope at the end of my stay to both tip my trainers and cover gas costs as they drove me around town a bunch on their bike. I also bought them 4 chickens because they cooked for me several nights (the trainers were brothers and their mom cooked for the family plus me the hungry farang). I am not sure what the proper etiquette is in Thai culture, but they were very thankful for the extra cash/gifts, same as I was very grateful for the extra care they showed me.
  • dtrick924 likes this

Theninachu1

Theninachu1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLondon
The above suggestion is great, if you wish a little money at the end or a gift will make their day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users