Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Has anyone trained at Rawai Muay Thai in Phuket?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TZ22

TZ22

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationcanada
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone here has trained at Rawai Muay Thai in Phuket and if so, how long ago was that and what was your impression of the gym/quality of training?

I am trying to decide on the gym to train at for 3 weeks, looking for a serious training and don't really care about any particular location, so I am open to other suggestions too, just looking for a gym with the following criteria:
1) reasonably clean (not much of a germaphobe, but I have gotten seriously ill before at a gym where cleanliness was not a priority beyond just basic sweeping debris off the floor, never seen the floors washed the entire time I was there, so I am more picky about that kind of stuff now)
2) open to training women seriously, not just tiring me out on pads
3) lots of clinch training and sparring opportunities (would be great if the gym was also open to allowing women clinch/spar with Thai boys)
4) would be great if the gym also had a western boxing trainer, but not an absolute must
5) could help me get a fight if time permits

Tyler Byers

Tyler Byers

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBangkok
Not sure about Rawai as I have not trained there, but I have heard nothing but good things from friends. If you are open to training elsewhere, the gym i just posted about in Bangkok (Suk Niwet Muay Thai) would fit all your criteria.
  • TZ22 likes this

KerryB

KerryB

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew Hapmshire, United states

I recently trained at Sutai gym in Phuket which was amazing. a couple of people who I trained along side went back to Rawai gym for a couple sessions to train because they had trained there before. they said its a good gym but its really big and sorta commercialized(their opinions not mine) so I think it depends on what you are looking for:)

TZ22

TZ22

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationcanada
Awesome, thanks for the info :) I ended up going with Sutai gym too, but might add a few sessions at another gyms towards the end of my trip for some variety/ extra technique training.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users