Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Training whilst unwell

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Lucy

Lucy

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationU.K.
Imagyer a long break from training, I’m finally back and loving it, so it’s just my luck that I come down with a cold.
My head is saying taking a few days off, rest and recover then get back on it, however I’m worried that a few days off my new regime will mean I fond it difficult to go back, and I’ll also be feeling lazy.
Am I best to train through my cold?

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUSA
If I have a cold I usually work the bag and bleach wipe it down after so I’m not sharing too much with everyone.
  • dtrick924 likes this

lucyv

lucyv

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Hi (other) Lucy :)

I usually train with a cold since I find that after a warm up my sinus' clear and I'm fine. I usually feel a lot better.

Although if it's the first few days of a cold, and I feel really gross, I'd probably skip it. 

Like NewThai says though, you might spread the virus, so I'd make sure I'm not going to sneeze on anyone. ;-)

Feel better soon!

Lucy

• dtrick924 likes this

Fighting Frog

Fighting Frog

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUK

Depends how you react to colds... if you're feeling lousy then skip 'proper' training and do a little quiet shadow boxing at home or something if you really feel worried about missing a workout; but there's no point in making yourself really ill by pushing yourself too hard when your body is busy using all its resources trying to fight off a virus. I know how frustrating it is to be trying to restart training and then having to stop again, but you're loving it - so there's no real reason to fear that you won't feel bothered enough to get cracking when you feel better.

Get well soon!

• dtrick924 likes this

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 840 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Everyone at my gym trains with a cold. I try to avoid clinching and close contact when I'm sniffling, but the boys don't adjust their training at all. Just be sure to stay really hydrated and take it down a notch, work on timing or technique over trying to do conditioning.

• K. von Duuglas-Ittu, dtrick924 and Kaitlinrose like this

ways to connect with me:

8limbs.us blog   Twitter @_ittu   Instagram sylviemuay   Google Plus  YouTube lots of videos   LinkedIn  and on Facebook 

Kaitlinrose

Kaitlinrose

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

What Sylvie said. In Thailand, or even with a Thai trainer in the States, you are expected to do everything the exact same as you would when healthy. Here I try to avoid training with others, especially anyone cutting weight who might be more susceptible to germs. Maybe hit pads with a well-fed holder ;-) 

Plus, Sudafed is a hell of a drug. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users