Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

That's me out of action!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Fighting Frog

Fighting Frog

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationUK

Great...was training on my own today on the heavy bag; at the end did another set of knee kick drills...and got a super nasty stress fracture of my right foot. It's absolutely ****ed.

I'll be in plaster for the best part of two months; but with luck I won't need an op to plate it.

That's totally stuffed my training though. And I shall have to completely re-think how I train in the future; although in fairness it could have just as easily happened while running, lifting something heavy, or jumping off a kerb.

threeoaks

threeoaks

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

:( so sorry.  I HATE injuries.  Watch a lot of fights!!

Kaitlinrose

Kaitlinrose

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

That's really frustrating! I'm sorry to hear it. How long have you been training?

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationUSA
I've trained in a boot before so you may be hitting things sooner than you expect. So sorry you got hurt though.

Fighting Frog

Fighting Frog

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationUK

I've been training for a couple of years now; some of the time on my own against the heavy bag, some of the time very intensively with my trainer.

At least I can still do core and upper body work, but even just standing right now is intensely painful (as is just sitting, if it comes to that).

It's a very bad fracture so I really will have to be careful and follow the surgeons' instructions as it will take a long time to heal. I may never be able to flex my foot properly again, so doing pushups etc in the future will be tricky.

radarjam

radarjam

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Hope you'll have a speedy recovery Fighting Frog! 

Instagram: @nakmuayfoodie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users