Jump to content

Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account

a round-trip ticket

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic



    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationbalan

I've got a round-trip ticket from the US to Thailand for a total of 220 days (to study and train Muay Thai). I've been clicking links and emailing in circles for weeks trying to figure out this VISA process. I'd like to obtain a non-immigrant visa somehow. The closest I've gotten is "The Royal Thai Embassy, Washington DC" and the page that states the different types of visas and where to mail the documents, fees, etc. but I'm not sure exactly what to apply for.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have 30 days before my flight (May 19).


Thank you 



    Roundtable Nak Muay

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA
I believe tourist visas are only good up to 90 days at a time if I remember, so you may need to do visa runs throughout your stay (leave Thailand and return).




    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPhuket

You might qualify for either a Non-immigrant ED (on the basis of studying at a school) or a Non-immigrant B (on the basis of training at a camp).

I believe for either of these visas you will need supporting paperwork from the school/camp you intend to study/train at during your stay.

You could contact the school/camp to find out if they can send you the paperwork to apply for the visa in your home country, or (probably easier) apply for a tourist visa and then, if you wish to, find out about the process to apply for a Non-immigrant visa B/ED from the school/camp once you've arrived in Thailand. You can then do a visa run for your new visa - most language schools will be able to advise you more on this (I don't know about MT camps).

Alternatively, you could stay on the tourist visa and do visa runs every 90 days as NewThai says above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users