Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Training in Thailand - recovery tips?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

TZ22

TZ22

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationcanada
Hi Sylvie,
Not sure if this question was already addressed somewhere in another thread, but I am wondering what would you say is the one (or several) thing that helps you the most with recovery. I've been back to training in Thailand, getting ready for a fight here and several tournaments coming up back home, it's been just about 1 week since I am here, but I am already finding myself feeling rather sluggish, brain fog, cranky, and just overall like I can't get enough sleep despite even taking a nap in the afternoon, yet I feel like all I want to do is sleep all day (though I must say that taking a nap has never made me feel better, I usually end up waking up drowsy and moody), so I am not sure if i should just give it a bit more time as perhaps my body is not quiet adjusted to this increased demand or if perhaps there is something else I can do to help things. The thing is that if this was back home I could just try to build things up slowly and maybe have some sessions that are a bit more light, but here it seems like if you show up to training, you are expected to give 100%, all or nothing, but if you take a day off or go easier then I get shit from trainers (today I got told for drinking water between the pad rounds)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users