Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Training in Phuket

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Breighw

Breighw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColorado

Hello strong friends. I am curious as to who has trained in Phuket? Specifically, for a few weeks. I have two weeks to myself and want to experience living and training at a gym. I would consder myself a beginner, and I am also a female. So, feeling comfortable and safe somewhere is a priority. I am looking forward to hearing your experiences! Thanks in advance :)

• threeoaks likes this

TZ22

TZ22

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationcanada
Sinbi Muay Thai in Rawai area

smossy

smossy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Hi Breighw, I just spent 2 weeks at sumalee (sumaleeboxinggym.com) which was a good experience. A lot of beginners and females while I was there. Classes were well structured, nice facilities etc. The gym is off the main tourist track (good or a bad thing depending upon your perspective).

• dtrick924 and radarjam like this

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 828 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

I second Sumalee. I've never trained in Phuket but Sumalee is owned by a woman and has a long and solid track record.

• radarjam likes this

ways to connect with me:

8limbs.us blog   Twitter @_ittu   Instagram sylviemuay   Google Plus  YouTube lots of videos   LinkedIn  and on Facebook 

dtrick924

dtrick924

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Natasha Sky trained long term at Sinbi with her husband. They own a gym together and just took their students for a 2 week trip to Sinbi. Three of her students fought while they were there. You could could try sending her a message on facebook.

Digitalis G.

Digitalis G.

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBerlin
Did anyone train at Singpatong?

TheDaysEye

TheDaysEye

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThailand

Hey there. I go to Phuket very often and would recommend Phuket Top Team. It's in the area with the tourists etc but it's quite nice anyway. It's at the end (or beginning?) of Soi-tad-ied.
They focus on fighters and quality instead of having lots of students.
And if you like or want to try out muay boran you should definitely go to Tiger Muay Thai and train with Kru Oh. He's a genius and I learned a lot of things that I could also apply to muay thai. His krabi krabong class is also very good. 
Ah, I'm also from Germany btw. If you have further questions regarding Phuket don't hesitate to ask.

www.thewarriorstravelguide.com - Find the fighter in you.

Bigpapashango

Bigpapashango

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationScotland

I am heading out to train in Phuket in November, going to Rattachai. Any recommendations about things to do/see in the area, good places to eat etc? 

Nikki103

Nikki103

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSydney

Sorry to piggy back but how do people feel about Sitsongpeenong Phuket? I know the trainers are highly qualified but how is the actual training/culture there? Good for couples/women or is it a more dudebro orientated market?   

Also, has anyone been to Sumalee or Sinbi in the past 12 months? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users