Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account through Facebook - it makes confirmation easy, the system recognizes Facebook registration fast. No worries about anonymity, you can pick a new user name when registering. After registration you'll get a validation email. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you have any questions feel free to message me at sylvie AT 8limbs.us
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Binge eating

- - - - - food binging diet health weightloss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mimisalah

mimisalah

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I'd like to know if anyone has had struggles with this issue ?

I hate it, I do it twice a week and it's draining. I am passionate about living a healthy lifestyle but mentally I am not strong when it comes to this issue.

I usually binge after 3-4 days of hard training. The foods would include sandwiches, sugary foods, some chocolate and chips. The day after I would feel so drained, bloated, tired and heavy i'd probably do a fast.

If you have experienced this I would love to hear your feedback on what helped you.

• 515 and mnmcdonald like this

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUSA
Do you do a food log? I used to have a harder time with this issue, then I got MyFitnessPal (food app) and I saw that I was WAY undereating on my "good" days, which inevitably would lead to a binge. Like I'd eat 1100-1200 calories, and I train 2x a day plus I work a physical job!

So between the app and some reading I've brought that up to 1800-2200 depending on my day, and I've gone from no carbs to carbs. Not processed stuff, but sweet potato, quinoa, rice, fruit. I only restrict carbs the week of a weigh in now to coincide with the water/salt manipulation.

It might be worth logging your food for a week without changing anything aboht the way you eat to see what you're averaging with your calories and macros now.
  • 515 and radarjam like this

mnmcdonald

mnmcdonald

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNC

I second what NewThai suggested. I have found the same thing in the past.. not eating enough on the good days and binging hard to.. for lack of a better word.. compensate by overeating the bad days. It's also helped to plan out my meals and food prep. I'm less likely to eat out/binge eat if I know I'm supposed to eat something that's already prepared.

• NewThai likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, binging, diet, health, weightloss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users