Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account through Facebook - it makes confirmation easy, the system recognizes Facebook registration fast. No worries about anonymity, you can pick a new user name when registering. After registration you'll get a validation email. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you have any questions feel free to message me at sylvie AT 8limbs.us
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Conditioning

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lucy

Lucy

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationU.K.
How do you condition abs when training alone?
I understand with shins it's a lot of heavy bag work, but how do I replicate taking body shots either then dropping a medicine ball on myself

theninachu

theninachu

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Plank plank and more plank, variations of other ab exercises. If you do that when alone you can work on other types of conditioning when with a partner.

At my gym they expect us to do 5 mins of plank at fighters level...which is very hard, but if you can do it, then you will have a core like a rock.

• Sylvie likes this

Lucy

Lucy

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationU.K.
Thank you! That didn't even accur to me ( I'm a wally ) thank you

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 792 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Plank plank and more plank, variations of other ab exercises. If you do that when alone you can work on other types of conditioning when with a partner.

At my gym they expect us to do 5 mins of plank at fighters level...which is very hard, but if you can do it, then you will have a core like a rock.

5 min all at one stretch or broken into sets?

ways to connect with me:

8limbs.us blog   Twitter @_ittu   Instagram sylviemuay   Google Plus  YouTube lots of videos   LinkedIn  and on Facebook 

theninachu

theninachu

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
5 mins in one stretch, not many can do it...

I can manage 3 mins.. but I'm pregnant so that's my excuse

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 792 posts

My trainer has us alternate days on these two routines:

1 min ab wheel

1 min situps

1 min plank

= 1 set; do 3 sets for 9 min total, no breaks

1 min situps

30 sec pushups

1 min plank

30 sec pushups

= 1 set; do 3 sets for a total of 9 min, no break

Kaensak used to make me do this one:

1 min bicycle

1 min feet 6 inches off the ground and "flutter" (alternating up and down)

1 min feet 6 inches off the ground and feet crossing over and under each other in-and-out motion

1 min leg raises

1 min plank

How do you condition abs when training alone?
I understand with shins it's a lot of heavy bag work, but how do I replicate taking body shots either then dropping a medicine ball on myself

• TZ22 and radarjam like this

ways to connect with me:

8limbs.us blog   Twitter @_ittu   Instagram sylviemuay   Google Plus  YouTube lots of videos   LinkedIn  and on Facebook 

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 792 posts

That's a good excuse though. Even doing 3 min while your abs are being shredded to make room for a baby is pretty incredible!

5 mins in one stretch, not many can do it...

I can manage 3 mins.. but I'm pregnant so that's my excuse

• Kaitlinrose likes this

ways to connect with me:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users