Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Kanongsuk Muay Thai (Chiang Rai)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA
Fair warning: I have not trained here myself. In fact he just opened his own gym this Monday past, but as a small business owner I am always happy to help spread the word for a friend about theirs.

Www.Kanongsukmuaythai.com

If you Google "Kanongsuk Chuwattana" you can find not only his fight videos, but some of his training videos from his time with Evolve in Singapore. He is also super active with his gym page on Facebook with some video tours of the gym and info on the nearby hotels.

This gym is in Chiang Rai within walking distance of local hotels. If you're headed to Thailand please consider Kru Chay and his new facility. Thanks!
  • Haddow likes this

Kong

Kong

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

I'm training since begin may at Kanongsuk Muay Thai Gym. It is a brand new fully-equipped gym, so you don't need to bring your own gloves/wraps unless you prefer your own stuff like i do.

I went in may to Chiang Rai to learn meditation at a jungle forest, a friend at the gym in Bangkok told me about Cru Chai just opened a gym in Chiang Rai.  She has trained with him at Elvolve MMA in Singapore. Of course I had to check out Kanongsuk Muay Thai Gym and train with a 3x Lumpinee Champion and 1x Maxx Muay Thai Champion. What is the chance that you can train with an elite muay thai fighter? Sure, in Singapore at Elvolve MMA you can find all the Lumpinee and Rajadamnern champions in one gym but don't forget to bring your credit card with you!

It's a small gym but has everything you need. It's located 5 km out of the center, you need a motorbike or bicycle to get there. At my first day I met Cru Chai and his little brother Som. Both speak very good English, so don't be scared if you don't speak Thai! I haven't trained for weeks so I asked cru Chai to take it easy with me. My first training went great. After a good warm up and stretching we started with the pads. You can tell right away that your are training with a champion. He pays alot attention to technique, details. After doing the pads we did more exercises with the bags, all the time he was there to guide you and he does that every traning! Where can you have a 1,5 hour traning with a 3xLumpinee champion for only 400 Bath??? 20 sessions for 6800 Bath?? Not only is he a great fighter and teacher but he is also a very nice humble person.

After training with cru Chai for 2 weeks  I had decided to move from Bangkok to Chiang Rai to train with him. He is so good and Chiang Rai is a great and relax place to focus on doing Muay Thai. I am not training to get ready for a fight, i just like doing Muay Thai. Most of his students are Thai, they train here for fun or trying to get fit. There are also some 'Farangs' training here to get ready for a fight. Coming saturday cru Chai has arranged a fight in Chiang Mai for Nick, American dude. He still has a lot contact with promotors he knows from his career, so it's easy for him to get a fight for you.

3,5 months later and I still have no regrets of moving to Chiang rai to train with cru Chai. Like my old gym in Bangkok they treat me like family. We train together, eat and drink together, sometimes we go to massages together. Life is good in Chiang Rai and cheap too.

If you planning to come to Thailand for learning Muay Thai, Kanongsuk Muay Thai Gym is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best, learn from an elite Muay Thai fighter.

Cheers,

Kong

• NewThai and Haddow like this

Haddow

Haddow

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCanada

:woot:  :thanks:

Heading to Chiang Rai in 2 or 3 months and was wondering how the Muay Thai situation would be...

This is an absolute score of knowledge!! Thanks, New Thai & Kong.

400 baht for Lumphini champ level instruction??? #mindblown

I was paying 900 in Chiang Mai to work with Gen Hongthong (probably my favorite trainer so far in terms of fight IQ and his sheer joy of teaching).

• 515, NewThai and Kong like this

Kong

Kong

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

If you have any questions about how to get to Chiang Rai, hotels, gym etc just ask!

Haddow

Haddow

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCanada

If you have any questions about how to get to Chiang Rai, hotels, gym etc just ask!

What on Google Maps is close to the gym so I can track it down? Spent like an hour trying to find it on Google Maps #noluck

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA
Kru Chay is very active on Facebook, so if you haven't found his page yet I would add him and ask any questions you have:

https://m.facebook.c...ongsukmuaythai/

Kong

Kong

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

You can't his gym on Google maps, his gym is about 200 meters from Wat Si Ming Kaeo and about 300 meters from Sopa Resort, Chiang Rai. 

• NewThai likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users