Welcome to Muay Thai Roundtable
Welcome to the Muay Thai Roundtable, the only Muay Thai forum of its kind, with a verified Women Only section. If you are new do create an account by registering as a member, creating a username and password (the Facebook login no longer works). After registration you'll get a validation email with a link. Please verify your email through this link. We hand clear every user for the General Section so it may take 24 to 48 hours so thanks for your patience. If you are a female user, after you have become a validated member please send Sylvie an email at sylvie AT 8limbs.us so she can verify your gender for the Women Only section.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My Favorite Thai Music (Running List)

* * * * * 1 votes thai music artists music

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 830 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Thai music may be an acquired taste, I don't know. But I've really come to love some artists and genres. It ranges for me between morlam, which is basically Thai Country music from Isaan (Siripon further below is a prime example), to pop music and rock ballads most of which aren't favorite genres for me in the west. You can add your own too, if you have some too, but just Thai music please.

This guy is my favorite, Maleehuana:

• K. von Duuglas-Ittu likes this

ways to connect with me:

8limbs.us blog   Twitter @_ittu   Instagram sylviemuay   Google Plus  YouTube lots of videos   LinkedIn  and on Facebook 

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 830 posts

And Siripon's voice is my favorite. Thai videos do these mini-movies and scenarios all the time, so you have to wait a bit (or skip ahead 1:50) for the song. But these trucks that drive around with a loud speaker, telling you how much their stuff costs, and the good girl who is overshadowed by the sexy girl... SO Thailand:

And this song is probably her most famous. But when you hear me talk about "Festival Fights" and the stage of dancers that's always near the boxing ring - this is what it's like.

ways to connect with me:

8limbs.us blog   Twitter @_ittu   Instagram sylviemuay   Google Plus  YouTube lots of videos   LinkedIn  and on Facebook 

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 830 posts

Baowee is awesome. He's all about love ballads and he often sings them atop airplanes because he used to be in the Airforce. Someone realized he kicked ass at Karaoke night and he got a record deal. Seriously.

This one is about the lonely moth being in love with the flame.

And this one is about asking the moon to tell this chick he loves her.

• K. von Duuglas-Ittu and threeoaks like this

ways to connect with me:

K. von Duuglas-Ittu

K. von Duuglas-Ittu

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

I have to say that Thai morlam country music has really surprised me. It often has oddly hypnotic Reggae-like beats, and a crooning voice. When it hits the sweet spot it is very good. Contemporary Thais tend to see it as old person music, or red-neck music. It's kinda incredible.

• Sylvie likes this

All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare. - Spinoza

WaffleNinja

WaffleNinja

Committed Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationVinland

I tend to like the old stuff

Steph

Steph

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBangkok

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I actually really enjoy the stupid/ridiculous thai generic pop songs. I enjoy them more for the silliness itself over the actual song value.

• Sylvie likes this

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 830 posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I actually really enjoy the stupid/ridiculous thai generic pop songs. I enjoy them more for the silliness itself over the acutal song value.

I know this song, hahaha.

There's this AMAZING video I see on TV sometimes where the singer arrives at the festival and this super sexy chick asks him to sign her breast. He gets a nosebleed as he does so. The song is so great but I don't know the lyrics, the singer, or the name :(

ways to connect with me:

Cilla

Cilla

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I just like this whole post! haha

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 830 posts

I could not find this song on Youtube because I didn't know what it was called, but we just found it on a mix-CD we bought at a gas station on our last fight trip. I love this song. The video cracks me up, every damn time (mostly the nose bleed at the beginning) but it's so catchy I'd make it my "walkout song" in a minute.

It's pretty much about this guy taking his girlfriend home and her "bouncing" and dancing in front of the stage gets all the older, higher-status men of this dude's family to blush and be... excited. It's basically "Super Freak" for Isaan, hahahaha.

ways to connect with me:

Sylvie

Sylvie

Staff

• 830 posts

A Siripong Ampaipong Playlist of 15 songs. She's called the Mother of Morlam, Kevin calls her the Patsy Cline of Thailand.

https://youtu.be/tFg...iRVV-yFc9m5kW46

ways to connect with me:

Ling Bah Nick DC

Ling Bah Nick DC

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAntwerp,Belgium

I also just love Morlam ,  it gives me a lil feeling of holiday....when I hear it  I dream away...

people often think it's my wifes music but its mine ;-)

• K. von Duuglas-Ittu and Sayagata like this

www.facebook.com/muaythai4orphans

NewThai

NewThai

Roundtable Nak Muay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationUSA
We basically listed to Labanoon and Justin Bieber in the truck while I was in Thailand ... I appreciated the Bieber so I could sing along haha but some of the Labanoon ballads are stuck in my head and I need a mixtape stat:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=2dg9oc78Kv4

Emma Thomas

Emma Thomas

Staff

• 231 posts
  • LocationBangkok, Thailand

Yellow Fang are my fav.

Also, deungdutjai.com is a really good site for learning lyrics to Thai songs. 

• NewThai and radarjam like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users